Nov 26, 2010

About Quietness


Tuesday 23 November 2010


There’s healing to be done. I have come to realise this. Moving a family from one continent to another is like cutting out you heart with a blunt pair of scissors. It hurts. Like hell. A lack of words seem to have become a common thing for me. I have no words to describe the way I feel, the loneliness I face. I am surrounded by new-found friends who care and reach out, but the loneliness is stuck on my insides. It exists only in my head.

Today I read a piece in Ecclesiastes - Better is a handful of quietness than two hands full of toil and a striving after wind. So today I have decided that I will be quiet and listen to what God is whispering around me. This is a new start, but also the end of what has passed. I think to start quietly may perhaps prove to be wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment