Nov 30, 2010

I'll sleep when I'm dead

30 November 2010

Ok, so it's 10pm and I am wide awake. My husband thinks I might be transforming into a vampire, which is his only explanation for my changing sleeping patterns. But seriously, I have hoped that somehow my time-ticker would have settled back into its old patterns. But no, here I am late at night and I still feel as though I've got jet-lag. The fact that the sun only goes down at 9pm surely doesn't help.

My current insomnia is fueled by three things. Firstly Bella's firm insistence that her duvet has to cover her bed in a neat manner, during all hours of the night. Secondly our neighbors never seem to arrive home before 12pm and fail to let us know it. And then thirdly there's my growing arachnophobia. You see, in Australia, spiders actually do kill, so one can never be unprepared.

In my nightly travels I have encountered a numerous amount of these eight-legged creatures. Somehow they feel the need to sneak about after hours. This seriously freaks me out, so at night I tread carefully and always, always switch on the lights. This in turn makes me even more awake. But after I drowned the sucker in Raid, I do feel much better. I could almost fall asleep.

But you know what? Being here and not sleeping is still better than sleeping with one eye open, waiting for the alarm to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment