Dec 1, 2010

Master Class

1 December 2010

Melbournians have a real affinity towards cooking. It is one of the first things you realise when you come here. This is a city about food. Take for example the religious following the TV show MasterChef has built up. Sundays while on air most of the city would come to a standstill and Monday it would be abuzz with the latest developments.

Last night while lying awake in bed I kept thinking about my life and my own inability to take a hint. I am at a stage in my life where you would think that I would be the one to teach a Master Class. Now if you know the MasterChef series you would know that the Master Class is where the more experienced teach others their unique and sometimes secret recipes. Recipes gained through years of experimentation and failures.

So through the years God has always been there. I know the footprints in the sand story is corny, but hey HE HAS BEEN THERE. So you would think that with all my experience, experimentation and failures, I should have the recipe down. That I would be a Master in the trusting-God-department.

But here I am like a TV show fledgling still doubting my experience. He has never left or forsaken me, so why do I still find myself trying to figure things out on my own instead of trusting in Him? Why does the idea that I am not in control still sit uncomfortably with me? Don't I deserve to leave the show yet?

So, isn't it ironic that God stays my most loyal supporter and He has not once tried to vote me off?

No comments:

Post a Comment