Dec 6, 2010

Making sense

6 December 2010

Rob Bell says; 'There is greatness in  you. Courage. Desire. Integrity. Virtue. Compassion. Dignity. Loyalty. Love. It's in there - somewhere. And sometimes it takes suffering to get at it.'

That is what this blog is about. The continuous chipping away to get to the core. I want my writing to be a journey of self exploration. By thinking hard about subjects and by writing my thoughts about them I somehow find myself making sense of things and in the process discovering myself. Sometimes I think because my right brain has completely taken over I have no left brain left (excuse the pun). The stuff that goes on in my head is all flowery and emotional and nothing ever gets ordered. It's like all these ideas float around in my head, bumping against each other making me even more confused.

Here's the issues I have floating around at the moment:
  1. The kids are off to school in the new year and suddenly I have a big chunk of spare time - (I've been waiting to get my life back, but now that it is happening I don't know what to do with it.)
  2. I've got too many ideas - (I want to paint, write, make movies, teach and the list goes on.)
  3. I'm in a new country! - (I am still adjusting, trying to get what this place is about.)
  4. I can't just be at home cleaning 24/7 - (I have to have purpose, or else I'll go mad)
  5. I need to serve more - (I want to do more good, be better, be of use)
The experts say that a sure sign of switching brain-hemispheres is when you have an AHA! moment. It's that moment when you suddenly just get the picture. So I will struggle with these five issues until the light goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment