Dec 2, 2010

The waiting game

2 December 2010

While our Immigration application was being processed, it perpetually felt like I was sitting in the doctor's waiting room. Everything was on hold. You kind of didn't want to get too involved in anything, because pretty soon your name will be called and then you would have to gather your stuff and go through the door.

During this time I was afraid to commit to anything. We couldn't get a pet, we couldn't paint the house, we couldn't change schools etc. We just had to wait it out.

So now we are here and some days it feels like my balloon got popped. So what now? We are here aren't we? What's next? I find myself taking comfort in the habit of holding back. So today I suddenly registered that although I am waiting upon God and trusting Him in certain areas of my life, it doesn't mean my life isn't happening. The small things go by, unnoticed, if you aren't attentive.

Whether I am cleaning house, picking up kids or getting soaked by a Mebourne shower, life speeds by. If I am not careful, I might just miss the best parts of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment